- The atmosphere of Marse consists of about 98%carbon, along with traces of methane, and water
- Liquid water can no longer exist on the surface of Mars due to low atmospheric pressure(less than 1% of the Earth. Whatever water is left is locked in the 2 polar ice caps
- Marse has surface features like impact craters, valleys, deserts, and polar ice caps. it is the site of Olympus Mons (shield volcano), the largest volcano and the highest known Mountain(24km).
Marse has two irregularly shaped moons, Phobos and Deimos, which thought to be captured asteroid
Marse compared to earth
- 53%the diameter of Earth
- 10% the mass of the earth
- Surface gravity on marse is only 38%of earth’s gravity.
- A day on Mars lasts 1.03 earth days
- Axial tilt on Mars lasts about twice as long as on earth year, the seasons are twice as long.
- The atmosphere on Mars (95%carbon dioxide) is less than 1% the thickness of earth’s atmosphere